Looking for a CILT Certified External Transport Manager and Logistics professional?
Call Richard Mitchell, today on 07398 113960 to discuss your needs, or simply fill out the form below and we'll get back to you:

    By submitting this form, you consent to the processing of your personal data.

    Over 20 years of local, national and international logistics experience.

    Operator licence applications

    UK Wide Operator Licence Applications Service (2)

    As an operator licence consultant, we can assist you with all aspects of the process from advice about financial standing, operating centres, the standards required for professional competence, and the type of licence appropriate to your operation. This includes HGV’s to horseboxes, rigids to tippers.

    We take away the pain and uncertainty of the ‘O’ Licence application, completing all stages on your behalf including placing the appropriate newspaper advert and providing you with updates on how the application is progressing. We provide this service for operators nationwide.

    We can even help you set up a maintenance contract with an appropriate provider – we like to provide value for our clients, so this service is included in the price.

    Our fees for completing the application from start to finish are:

    ‘O’ licence set up

    • New applications £350.00 excluding newspaper advert.
    • Variations to the margin £150.00

    Who needs and Operators Licence?

    You need a licence to carry goods in a lorry, van or other vehicle with either:

    • a gross plated weight (the maximum weight that the vehicle can have at any one time) of over 3,500 kilograms (kg)
    • an unladen weight of more than 1,525 kg (where there is no plated weight)

    Motor vehicles and trailers

    You’ll need a goods vehicle operator’s licence for a motor vehicle and trailer combination if:

    • the motor vehicle and the trailer(s) are plated and the total of their gross plated weights is more than 3,500 kg
    • the total unladen weight of the vehicle and trailer combination is more than 1,525 kg

    You do not need an operator’s licence if your trailer’s unladen weight is less than 1,020 kg and you only carry your own goods.

    Operator Licence – 3 main types

    • Restricted licences – These are issued to ‘own’ account operators who carry their own goods only relating to their own business – cannot be used for hire and reward, however they can be used for national and international operations, there is no distinction
    • Standard National – This licence allows you to operate for hire and reward in the UK only – however, you can distribute your own goods internationally
    • Standard International – This licence allows you to operate for hire and reward well as own account both nationally and internationally

    Regardless of which licence you require, we pride ourselves on a fast and efficient service, with the licence granted between 4 and 6 weeks from the initial application

    Let’s get in touch

    Call ☎ 07398 113960 or write to us for a free quote & a friendly consultation:

      I'm interested in External Transport ManagerOperator Licence Audit ServiceTransport SoftwareOther